By participating in and collecting donations for PAWGUST, you will be directly supPAWting Guide Dog puppies currently in training. One day, these very special puppies will go on to be the guiding eyes for people in your local community living with vision loss or blindness.
Thanks to the dogs that were walked and the funds that were raised in PAWGUST 2018, we were able to supPAWt 11 Guide Dogs puppies, meaning 11 peoples lives who will be changed once these dogs graduate.
For 2019, here is where the money you raise will go:
- $22 will buy a quality leather collar for a Guide Dog pup in training.
- $54 will buy a folding white cane for someone living with vision loss.
- $85 will purchase a grooming kit and a bundle of enrichment toys for a puppy raiser.
- $175 will provide a new Guide Dog user with a Guide Dog instructor for one hour.
- $290 will purchase a harness for a working Guide Dog.
Did you know:
- It costs in excess of $50,000 to breed, raise and train a Guide Dog or Assistance Dog.
- Every hour of every day, an Australian family learns that their loved one will have severe or permanent sight loss. Nine of these Australians will eventually go blind.
- It is estimated that there are over 450,000 Australians who are blind or have low vision and this number is expected to significantly increase.