Here are some PAWsome fundraising ideas to help get you started! Don't forget, everyone who donates will be supporting you as well as Guide Dogs, so have FUN with your FUNdraising!
First off, fetch from yourself
Get tails wagging by donating to yourself. This shows others (including your beloved pooch) how much you truly believe in what you are doing and that you are committed to the challenge. This is a really imPAWtant step in the process.
Email is man’s best friend
You know about this one, we don’t need to tell you how to do it but the best way to get started is to email. And we mean, email absolutely everyone! Get that auto-complete feature going in the ‘To’ field and just get it out there! Send, send, send!
- Use our email templates. We will send this to you (you guessed it) via email!
- Don’t be shy, ask your email friends to email their friends.
- Make it easy for them – include multiple links to your page.
Sniff out your peers on Social
Alright time to bring out the big barks…your social media network are some of your most imPAWtant friends but you also need to remember that online communities want to connect, they don’t just want to be barked at. Also, they need to be reminded…..constantly.
So, don’t just roll over and play dead (ok Fido, maybe you can). Follow our Social Media Plan provided to you in your PAWGUST pack.
Plan some play dates
Here's a list of activities you could plan that we've tried and tested (and we know they work!) and if you run some of the below activities at work, ask your employers if they will match everything that is raised on the day and remind everyone that all donations are tax deductible!
- Morning tea (or a Dog's Breakfast anyone?!)
- Bake Sale – at work, the dog park, local shops, anywhere really. Make sure you put PUPcakes on the menu too!
- Work challenges – think jumbo tug of war or an agility course
- Bring your dog to work day
- Casual Fri-yay! I’m talking jeans and tees on a Friday, ohhhh yeah!
- Sausage Sizzle – remember, no onions on the barbie if there’s dogs around
- Garage Sale
- Trivia Night
- Ruff-les (ok, maybe we went a paw too far there….Raffles)
- Give something up (like alcohol or schmackos)
Throw me a bone here!
PAWGUST is meant to be challenging but enjoyable so please make sure that however you decide to raise funds for Guide Dogs, it is fun and enjoyable for you and others! You’ll be surprised how many people will get behind you and how quickly you will reach your goals.